The summer of 2023 will be a busy one around the campuses of Goshen Local Schools, as crews work on several large-scale projects to repair damage caused by the July 6, 2022 tornado.
District officials met with contractors on Jan. 27 to discuss the timeline for major repairs or replacements at several different district buildings.
Projects will include:
- Full replacement of the high school gym floor, which suffered water damage after the gym roof was damaged by the tornado
- Resurfacing of the middle school gym floor, for the same reason as above
- High school roof replacement
- Middle school gym roof replacement
- Stadium locker room roof replacement
- Replacement of glass block windows at Marr/Cook Elementary
- Replacement of all ceiling tiles in Marr/Cook Elementary and Goshen Middle School
Repairs will begin March 1 in areas that do not impact students and the learning day. The projects will continue throughout the summer and are expected to be completed by September. The cost of these projects is estimated to be $5.2 million, most of which will be paid for by insurance.
Summer sports and camps will most likely be impacted by construction. These changes will be communicated as they become available.